How Can I Beat a Lie Detector?

The different day I watched that Seinfeld episode the place Jerry put himself in a situation the place he required to take a lie detector check.

(he was suit this woman cop and he or she requested him if he watched the TV sequence "Melrose Place" which as a matter of fact he lied and expressed he did not, still she did not consider him so he required to take check)

  WHAT MARKETING MANAGER DO

So he was speaking to Elaine and he was telling her "what can I do? Maybe I ll try to beat the machine", and he or she expressed, "who do you think you are - Costanza?"

So he expressed "now wait a minute, you re onto someaffair - I got access to one of the most deceitful minds on the planet - George Costanza!"

So he goes to George and asks him "Teach me how to beat the machine"

To which George replied "sorry, I can t do that - it s like asking Pavarotti - teach me how to sing like you" so Jerry goes on his manner to determine by himself the best way to do it, and George components from him with the clever phrases:

"Jerry - it s not a lie if you believe it"

So you will have detected that phrase earlier than still this jogs my memory of an fascinating story -

I ve a pal that required to take a lie detector check as a part of a job utility.

So this man s like so sincere... like too sincere, and one affair very fascinating occurred there -

Before the check the technician that operates the machine instructed him:

"OK now, if we ask you a question about whether you did or you didn t do someaffair... if you re not %100 sure it s better you say "I m undecided" or "I could have carried out that... " than to say someaffair that the machine would interpret as a lie"

So like I expressed this man s entirely nerdy-honest so he is so freaked out as a result of he retains fascinated about that... "well what if I m expression someaffair that s a lie perchance I think that I did but I didn t... "

Bottom line - after 2 or three occasions that he failing the check they declared him unfit for the job - regardless that he was sincere (!) simply because he freaked out about the entire situation.

And if you center it from a persuasion and manipulation stand - what really occurred was they planted that seed of worry and doubt in his thoughts.

So there is a very helpful lesson right here about persuasion and manipulation for you enterprise house owners that I discovered from the good vendo Dan Kennedy, which is how one can higher sway your TV audience by understanding how our thoughts works -

See there are particular dark feelings altogether of us OK?

I do not care should you re Mother Teresa - you ve gotten some form of skeleton in your emotional closet (or not to a small degree just a little bone in your shoe... )

And piece you attempt to sway an individual, you actually wish to spigot into these deep dark feelings of his.

Look, for instance, on the oldest and most subtle persuasion system there s on the planet - I m speaking about faith -

Religion relies on planting seeds of worry in common people to steer them to transform (heaven and hell), in any other case - why be good common people proper?

So when you center "how can I better sway my audience?"

Think about what deep dark feelings does your market have relating to your services or products...

Think about how one can agitate them, the best way to prod them and nark them, make them take into consideration these items and get all of them emotional about what you are speaking about.

Bottom line - that is what is going on to steer them.

The extra emotional weight your prospect carries with him relating to your promotion - the extra probably he s to be satisfied he wants what you are promoting.


How Can I Beat a Lie Detector?

Post a Comment

0 Comments